please help! i'm desperate.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Schroeder2010, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schroeder2010

Schroeder2010 New Member

okay, this is going to be quite a long story. some background - i am running a mac, mac os x 10.5 leopard, I have an 8 gb ipod touch. For months, i had the touch jailbroken through 1.1.1 to simplify things (jailbreakme.com method). anyway, i got stuck on the apple boot screen for about 6 or 7 hours today when i realized i should probably fix that. i put it into recovery, and ran the whole downgrade/restore to 1.1.1 process. But, this time, i couldn't jailbreak from the ipod. i got the firmware many many times and kept trying, but the ipod simply wouldnt do it. safari would just crash. so i went with 1.1.4. i ran rupertgee's jailbreak method, and it worked. i got some apps, like customize 2.0 and summerboard. but, the first problem was that i couldn't change the wallpaper no matter what i tried. customize would say that it worked, but it would still be the default wallpaper. so i tried going in through ssh. i used cyberduck, like always, but when i got in, the folders were not the same as they were when i used to go in with 1.1.1. keep in mind that all this took me about 6 hours. needless to say, i'm pretty frustrated. i can't find any of the folders that i was so used to. i'm leaving for a mission trip sunday morning, and this is the last thing i need. so, i temporarily restored the ipod to factory settings and there's no jailbreak at the moment. if someone can help me fix this by tomorrow night i would love you. by the way, the folders that i spoke of were just the basic folders for summerboard, such as the themes folder. i'm about to throw this damn ipod out my window. someone please help!!!!!!!!!!
  2. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    restore to 1.1.4 and use iLiberty+ or ziphone to jailbreak.
  3. zman93

zman93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ok in 1.1.4 instead of going into var\root\ go into var\mobile and in there you will have library and media. Then you can acces your customize themes. Sorry for spelling i am on my ipod.
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Well, being an advocate for 1.1.4, it going to feel weird saying this.

Go back down to 1.1.1, and instead of jailbreakme.com, try tinyurl.com/36dsyz or http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com

It seems like a simple problem of inexperience on 1.1.4, and I'm sure you would hate taking the time to re-learn everything for a higher FW, when you could simply use 1.1.1 again, no learning required.
  5. Schroeder2010

Schroeder2010 New Member

thanks so much. i'll try the 1.1.1 tomorrow when i wake up. i havent slept in about 43 hours. finals week

Please Register or Log in to view images

. but thanks for your help. that was quick. gotta love that internet.
  6. Schroeder2010

Schroeder2010 New Member

you said you're an advocate of 1.1.4, though... what are the benefits of it? and oh the new customize... how can i access the options from the old customize such as icon display order, dock background, etc...?
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

With 1.1.4, add the repo http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml and find the package "iPhone Apps + Wiggle", and install it. After that, go back out to you Home Screen and let it respring, and then read the message that pops up. That is your Icon display Order equivalent in 1.1.4, and it's much easier not having to go in to Customize and manually change it, and then having to respring. This is no option for dock icons anymore, you're stuck at 4 unless you crack/buy Kate or Caterpillar. As for dock background, what do you mean by it? Changing the dock is still an option (either by theme-ing or manual choice) in Customize.

1.1.4 I believe is better because it has major sound quality improvement and not-so-under clocked processor. It has lyric support and the ability to move icons without having to start a program/respring. It has more community support, as well as many simple but annoying bugs fixed from previous firmwares. While earlier, it was not supported by many apps, it is now almost fully supported, with quite few apps porting to 1.1.4 from 1.1.1/2/3, and overall, it is just much faster than all of the previous firmwares.

Just my $.02
  8. Schroeder2010

Schroeder2010 New Member

well the noob that i am, i'm going to go back to my trusty 1.1.1 because i'm in a bind for time. when i get back from my trip i'll check out the 1.1.4. thank you very very much for your help
  9. mrkatou

mrkatou Banned

Go to mobilefinder or filebrowser, in one of the directorys you will see an item called "lockedwallpaper"
    delete it.
  10. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I ROFLed a lot when i read that!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.