Please help!! I killed my ipod!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by IpodJunkie123, May 5, 2009.

1. IpodJunkie123

IpodJunkie123 New Member

I have an 2nd gen 16 gig iPod Touch running 2.2.1. Recently I used quichfreedom to jailbreak my iPod. Today I was on Cydia, in the manage sources tab, and my screen froze. I waited a coupl of minutes, still no response, so I turned off the iPod. I got to retsrat it...NOTHING! It will not turn on, ive tried hooking it to comp and charger..still nothing. Someone please help, I need to know how to resolve this. Thanks!
  2. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Try DFU and PM me what iTunes says.
  3. IpodJunkie123

IpodJunkie123 New Member

So connect the phone to my comp, load Itunes, and then put in DFU mode. As of now (while in its current state) Itunes is not even recognizing that the iPod is hooked up. Please advise, I am not as gifted with these things as alot of you are! : )
  4. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Try to put it in DFU again. If that doesn't work try unpluging and holding home while plugging it in. If neither of those work PM me.
  5. IpodJunkie123

IpodJunkie123 New Member

Jawcl, check ur PM's when you get a chance.
  6. jp!

jp! New Member

You can also post what happens here, more people can help you
  7. justan

justan New Member

try force resetting it. Hold home and power until the apple logo appears on your ipod.
  8. IpodJunkie123

IpodJunkie123 New Member

My computer has crashed this week as well, so I am attempting to get Itunes here at work, in order to try hooking my ipod up and then going into DFU mode. Will report back with results. Damnit this is SCARY!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Your ipods not broken........
  10. IpodJunkie123

IpodJunkie123 New Member

Ok, I did this. Now my boot logo has appeared, but the ipod is not doing anything else. It is just sitting here stagnant.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Cancel that, after about 2 minutes of the boot logo, my tap code screen came up. Ipod is back to normal,..and still jailbroken it appears. I still have all my jailbroken apps, winterboard, sbsettings, etc. Any clue as to what caused the ipod to freeze while using cydia, then act unresponsive when turned off? Anything I can do to prevent this sort of madness again??