please help i dont know what to do. itunes wont let me restore my jailbreaked ipod!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by thealex09, Jan 4, 2008.

1. thealex09

thealex09 New Member

hey guys im new here, and i have a real problem im quite desperate here.
    im gonna tell u guys exatcly what i did and see if anyone can help me.

i instaleld the appsnapp installer app for my ipod touch about 3 days ago. everything was fine, i did it by going to jailbreakme.com from my ipods browser, it crahsed, the status showed up, next thing i know, the installer blue button is there.

so i start downloading things, everything was going fine until about 3 hours ago. i added a few sources, aloha, big boss or whatever for NES roms, blaze something, and one that was to download iphone stuff for the ipod touch. so i downloaded the mapprep and mailprep, and then downloaded the google maps and email, everything worked fine. then i downloaded the weather, everythign was fine too. so then i downloaded a theme for summerboard, adn when i went to change it, everything just froze, and everything started blinking and the little loading circle kept popping up.

i tried restarting it but it wouldnt let me. so i held down the home and wake button at the same time and the apple logo would pop up, then a bunch of black and white lines, then the apple logo, etc.
    at times it would let me click something , take a while, and open the application i would put, i tried going to settings but i couldnt do anything. i made it for it to get into recovery mode to restore it,and once the download is done from itunes, it tells me
    "the ipod could not be restored. an unknown error occurred (-50)"
    i have NO clue what to do please someone tell me what i can do to make it work!
    my email is thealex09@hotmail.com .
    thanks in advance.
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try a force restore (remember, it needs to be plugged into the computer when doing this). You might need to do it a couple of times.
  3. Max

Max New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    You said you did a reset by holding down the topbutton and the homebutton til the apple logo showed up!

Now try this, unplug it from your computer and hold the top button and the home button til the apple logo shows and only release the top button, keep holding the home button until you see the ituneslogo with the cable under it!
    Plug it in and start itunes, (unless it starts automatically) and click restore in the ipod main menu!

Let me know what happens!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Max
  4. benw

benw New Member

Here is the Apple Support Article for the above process. Good Luck! Don't worry though, I've been in your situation 3 times, and recovery mode always solves things.
  5. Max

Max New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    alrighty....me bad...leave it plugged in!

Please Register or Log in to view images