Please Help I Cant Restore My Ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by katimos, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katimos

katimos New Member

i tried the jailbreaking process and never will try it again but it wont let me restore my ipod and i lost allmy data please help me
  2. katimos

katimos New Member

What does this mean Here's what to do:

1. Disconnect Ipod from computer.
    2. Reboot computer, rerun itunes
    3. BEFORE connecting, do the manuever mentioned about which, if done righ will result in a screen showing the adapter plug pointing towards an itunes icon.
    4. Connect to computer. Hit the Restore button.

It will work....I just phreaked myself out too. The beauty here is that you can't really "brick" an iphone, there's always the restore option. Unless Apple gets mean and recodes their restore feature to first look for signs of jailbreaking, but this is unlikely).
  3. sjsharks

sjsharks New Member

How to restore your ipod

press the sleep/wake button and the home button simultaneously for about 30 seconds until the connect to itunes sign comes up, connect ipod to itunes, then click on restore. you will loose your info though, so you will have to sync the ipod again to your computer
  4. alphanum

alphanum New Member

Ipod Touch restore 'unknown error(-50)'

I Have tried all this, including removing and reinstalling itunes with no luck. I keep getting an 'unknown error(-50)' notification.
    I have reset the Ipod touch and removed all content, but it will not restore.
  5. Parker618

Parker618 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i had to do this 20 to 30 times before it restroed once try that
  6. ificouldpaint

ificouldpaint New Member

Hi

I jailbroke my friend itouch last week and got this minus 50 error. I also crapped myself.

Reading the forums everyone said it will work but I know the annoyance and frustration of it not working.

In the end I have bootcamp setup so I got it into restore mode whilst in windows with itunes, then went back to my mac with itunes and it started to download the restore file. I stopped this and downloaded the restore file myself through safari..... I cant remember the link I was given but the file is called iPod1.1_1.1.1_3A110a_Restore.ipsw a search of the forums should turn it up.

I then went to itunes and clicked ctrl and the restore button and it allows you to choose a file to restore with. I navigated to the restore file I had downloaded and all worked fine no more -50 error.

I'm not sure if this was solved by manually downloading the restore file or by using "a different computer" so to speak to restore my ipod. So i'd suggest you try both, using another computer and manually downloading the restore file.
  7. Glisern

Glisern New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    One of the problems I had was that after downloading the iPod restore software via iTunes, i recived a 48 error.

I found out that i had to go to documents and settings, user, programdata or something like that, then I apple software and copy a restore file from a folder..

If you revive a 48 error then search for apple + 48 error
    that's the way I found the solution for my problem
  8. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Next time please take a look at the stickies before posting. There is a sticky in the technical help section that gives you instructions on how to force your iPod into restore mode. This thread is now closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.