*Please Help* - How To Setup WiFi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tsukoi, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Tsukoi

Tsukoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    One of my friends recently got an iPod Touch for his 16th Birthday.
    The problem is, he doesn't know how to setup WiFi On it, and nor do I, let alone know if it's even possible.

He's currently using a Modem/Router, which I don't know whether or not it's Wireless. He also has a USB Stick Internet Modem which he attaches to a Cord, and then plugs the other end of the cord into his Computer.

He also has an XBox, which is connected to the Modem/Router VIA Ethernet Cable to be able to work. - If his Router/Modem is connected, he does not need the USB Modem to access the internet, and vise versa, if the Router/Modem's not connected, he needs the USB Modem to access the internet, although the XBox will be unable to access XBox Live.

So, he's curious if there's any way possible that he can set up Wireless,
    And since he doesn't have an account on here, I'm asking for him.

I've made a Detailed picture on how he has set up his Internet.
    Let's just say that everything in this Picture was connected, and running fine.

Is it possible for my friend to access the Internet VIA WiFi through his iPod in ANY Possible way?

Please Register or Log in to view images

The yellow cords represent Ethernet Cables, and the Blue cord represents the Cable in which is connected to the USB Modem, and PC.

The black cord, is the Phone Cable which is connected to the PC, And Phone Line, as he has ADSL.

Any help would be GREATLY Appreciated.

Thanks a bunch

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if he really wants it to be wireless he really need to get a wireless router
  3. Tsukoi

Tsukoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Obviously.
    His mother wont buy him a Wireless Router.

Is there ANY Way that WiFi/Wireless can be achieved using the Picture above, and the supplies in the Picture?

EDIT:
    His Modem/Router is a "SpeedTouch 530" Model.
  4. iBurnToast

iBurnToast New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No,because the router does not support Wi-Fi/WLAN

EDIT: He must upload the firmware that enables it. Dont know ho to do it tho