Please help facing some touch problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zenonasz, Dec 25, 2007.

1. zenonasz

zenonasz New Member

Hi, i am totally new on the ipod world. i received my i pod touch 16gb yesterday that i purchased from ebay for 160GBP (around $300) and i already jailbrake it and everything went well. Before jailbraking it i notice some kind of lag on its touch. sometimes when i was trying to access an application (music, video etc) i was facing problems like crashing, i had to press the power button and then unlock my device to be able to use it. Now because i do use my device more than before i keep having this problem very often. When i need to access an app i have to press the power button, then unlock it to be able to access the app. This issue was discussed before but none give emphasis's to it, they only described the technology of touch devices.
    I may be newbieto ipod touch but i do have some knowladge on computers and i am also a wm developer. As i can tell this seems to me like hardware issue or maybe a firmware bug. i do have latest firmware on my device as i upgrade the device on the jailbrake method.
    I already did a reaserch about this issue on the net but i came out with now results. I the kind of person tha never post a thread without any research, i think my no of post's can tell the same

Please Register or Log in to view images

I do appreciate you guys effort a lot and really respect what you doing. keep the good work and i hope i can be helpful when you need me.

oH my Serial no is : 1CT738*** It's 38's week 16GB ipod touch.

I found that when my the ipod Crash and i move my finger really fast(up and down) on the screen the device wakes up.
    But guys the thing gone really bad a least every 15 sec my devices crash. i can't take it anymore....
  2. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    the only thing i can say is... why the heck would you buy a ipod from ebay...
  3. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's not helpful. I might suggest that you try a restore. Sounds like you've done most other things already... I know it's a pain but I'm not sure you've got many more options left...
  4. zenonasz

zenonasz New Member

Thanks for the reply... Can you please tell me if i do restore my device do i have to jailbrake it again?
  5. zenonasz

zenonasz New Member

Well. things improved now.... i had two apps on my device for navigating to the pictures. the one was multitouch (like minority report) and the other one was the photoboard. I know that both of them was on a development stage so i though that they might causing crashes to my device. after removing them i had no issues....
    Before that i couldn't touch my device without rebooting it, now everything works fine so far..
    Thanks for the fast response, i appreciate it a lot.
    lets hope that the issue will not appears again...

Please Register or Log in to view images