Please HELP! Display messed up after clearing lock screen!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rawr!asaurus, Apr 12, 2009.

1. rawr!asaurus

rawr!asaurus New Member

Hey, my first post

Please Register or Log in to view images

But its a bad one.

I was messing around with the Other.artwork, en.plist and LockClock.ttf files through SSH on my iPhone in an attempt to remove the date, time and background of the clock on the lock screen.

Well that worked after about 8 tries but now i have a bit of a problem.
    My display has messed up a bit.
    Facebook has white lines at the top, the highlight colour when selecting something is green not blue, the swipe buttons have gone crazy and theres little squiggles where two little lines used to be (you know like on winterboard where you move the themes up and down?) (Screenshots for all problems are below)

So i was wondering if anyone knew how to solve this or if they have the same problem.

I didnt back up any othe three files like the idiot that i am so if anyone has the default ones that would be great and i can just go back to square one with my clock and date ect. (or is that not allowed on this forum? :S)

If not is it possible to just restore my iphone and it will work then?
    (and do i have to save all my themes ect so i can re upload them through SSH and will i have to re-jailbrerak it?)

If anyone knows anything about this i would be greatful for their input.
    My iphone is 3G version 2.2.1 running on firmware 02.30.03.

Thanks loads to anyone who can help or tries

rawr!

Attached Files:

2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I would either just do a factory restore or get the original files and try that.

You would have to save anything you want to keep as a restore will delete the phone. Also you will have to rejailbreak it.
  3. rawr!asaurus

rawr!asaurus New Member

But if i restore using iTunes it has to do the latest software update first will that affect the re-jailbreak regarding what firmware im using or is the software update irrelevant?

Thanks for the reply by the way

Much appriciated.
    rawr!
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Seeing that you are on a 3G already running the latest firmware and baseband you will be fine.

The update (or restore in your case) will make the baseband unlockable. You can still jailbreak the iPhone no matter the firmware (and baseband) but it will be locked to at&t (as it already is in your case).

Hopefully that makes sense! If not let me know.