please, help. died while deleting everything

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dragoonwhisper, Mar 30, 2010.

1. dragoonwhisper

dragoonwhisper New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    SORRY IF I'VE BEEN ANNOING. I AM SOMEWHAT NEW TO IPOD.

EDIT: Double clicked the home button and Itunes registired the ipod as being in Restore mode, finally.

So, for reasons i would rather not explain i had to delete everything on my ipod touch 2G. i know, it's a four hour long process and so i left my ipod alone so it could do what it needs to do.Well, i come to find it's off and i thought that the process was done so i disconnected it and i did this long after it seemed to be done, to make shur. Well, now i wanted to restore all my stuff on it so i plugged it back in to go through the process and now it comes up dead battery. Then it comes up dead battery and recharges. Then the recharge lightening bolt icon has an arrow next to it pointing towards another icon, i think the connection icon(i can't remember). now, it charged a bit and so, it went on now. the Apple logo came on but it kept shutting off, turning on, brightening up while showing the apple logo and then repeat. over and over, at this very moment it's plugged in and not doing anything. it turns on now to the home button being pressed or me plugging it in. Please, someone help me out with this problem?

EDIT:Tried Factory Setting Restore. Goes through the On-logo-off cycle.

EDIT:No longer responds to pressing the home button but responds to holding down sleep button. DFU sequence works only for folding both buttons, then it just turns off.

SOLVED
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    it sounds like you have nothing to lose from a DFU restore, so go ahead and try that.
  3. dragoonwhisper

dragoonwhisper New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Tried, it just goes through the cycle again. on, logo and bright screen, then off. plugged or unplugged.
  4. #1 iPad Fan

#1 iPad Fan New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Hehe Yeah.....Sure.....

Please Register or Log in to view images