Please help ... cant find Community Sources?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by roo20487, Aug 30, 2008.

1. roo20487

roo20487 New Member

So I've done the whole Jailbreakin' it thing and have opened installer. I'm trying to find out where I install the 'Community Sources' thing, as it says.

But when I open Installer and go to 'catergories' theres no 'sources' tab, I just have,

1. All Packages - which is blank when u go into it
    2. Update (0) - no idea what this is
    3. Installed Packages - which has the installer in it
    4. Recent Packages - which is also blank and empty when you go into it

Please can someone tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong?! Its a 2.0.2 firmware done using QuickPwn as detailed here. I've done the BossTool thing aswell btw.

I do have a 'sources' option at the bottom next to 'catergories' but thats just got 1 source in it.

I'm about ready to restore it and sod the thing tbh lol.

TIA.
  2. Jikoo

Jikoo New Member

Are you on BETA 6?
  3. Fehr

Fehr New Member

Hmm... Installer's been on beta for a while now... What changes have been made since it was first booted into beta? I'm still waiting for a public release... so I'm just wondering! ^^~
  4. roo20487

roo20487 New Member

How would I tell if I'm on Beta 6?

All I did was follow these instructions.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ahhhh!!

Sorry I've just delved deeper into the forum and think I understand now.

So firmware version 2.0.2 is pretty new I take it? And the developers are still working out the software to make the 'installer' app work better on the iTouch? So theres not many applications out for it atm? As the older apps arent compatible?

Cydia is pretty rubbish for apps?! I could only find a few things that are there by default RiP Dev source?! Can anyone tell me how I can go about more applications? Do I need to add sources?

Sorry for all the questions - total iTouch noob lol.