Please help- BSD root won't go away!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Superperson, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Superperson

Superperson New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    On a freshly restored 1.1.4, I tried the new Mac ZiPhone 16GB jailbreak method using terminal. Unfortunately, it put me into the BSD loop. It turns on and off just fine, in and out of the loop. When I hold down the home button when connecting, it goes to the restore screen, then turns blue, then goes back into the loop before iTunes can restore it. iTunes refuses to restore it when it's in that state. iJailbreak, the Mac GUI, doesn't have an option to boot into normal mode. I have searched and scoured the forums for every possible method and came up short. All I want to do is get my iPod restored so I can jailbreak to 1.1.1. I know it's not bricked, but please help!
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Look on the bar by the Apple on the top left while running ziphone 2.5c . You will see a Mode pull down menu and you can kick it into Normal Mode there.
  3. Superperson

Superperson New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Eeeexcept I'm on a Mac, and the Mac GUI iJailbreak doesn't have that option.
  4. Superperson

Superperson New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Can anyone help? I'm kinda freaking out.
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I have a Macbook Pro! Do you want me to do a screenshot for you? Trust me I have done this a few times!
  6. Superperson

Superperson New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So how do you get "normal mode"?
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I just took a screenshot with our chat, ziphone and the pull down Mode menu on the top of the screen. I can email it to you if you like or you can run ZiphoneOSX. You will the GUI on the screen and on the top of your Mac you will see the little apple, ZiphoneOSX to its right, then File, then Edit and then MODE! Click on Mode and you will see 3 options
  8. Superperson

Superperson New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You. Are. My. Hero.
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Glad I could help! I formatted my 16gb on my mac and then jailbroke on an XP laptop and then synced back to my Mac with no issues. You might want to give that a try if you have that option.