Please help: black screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ands0404, Oct 17, 2007.

1. ands0404

ands0404 New Member

I have just gotten my touch and i was putting all my music onto it when the screen went haywire and error appeared on my computer. I managed to hold the buttons and get rid of the gut wrenching picture on my brand new touch, but now the screen is off and wont turn back on. Any help?
  2. calevans

calevans Retired Moderator

perhaps the battery is dead. try charging it. post back.
  3. ands0404

ands0404 New Member

It is plugged into my computer as I am typing. I have restarted my computer, I have unplugged and replugged multiple times, I have pushed and held buttons. It seems as if it is truly dead. Is that possible?
  4. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Are you sure you have USB 2.0 on your computer? I think you need that to charge Ipods, but i'm not positive. Do you own an Apple wall charger? Also.. what did the error on your computer say?
  5. ands0404

ands0404 New Member

Yes, I do. I tried pluging it into my wall charger, but that had no effect on it either. Everything was going fine as far as the iPod goes.. i was using it and on google but about halfway through putting my songs on it just crashed and i cant remember exactly what the error said but it said something like the computer cannot complete this because it has no response from the iPod..
  6. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Well, that kind of sux, but it sounds like you just bought it, so I would look ino returning it. If the apple screen doesn't even come up... it sounds like you might have a problem with the battery.