Please help big problem!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crazygood150, Jul 31, 2010.

1. crazygood150

crazygood150 New Member

I'll fill in the details, my iPod touch 2nd gen MC model jailbroken on 3.1.2 firmware and i've had it since november 2009. It was charging in my computer perfectly normal and at about 75% charge level I got this screen

http://km.support.apple.com/library...5/TS1495/TS1495_01--needs_charging-001-en.png

I took the iTouch off the cord and immediately the screen went blank and the device turned off. When i tried to turn it back on it does nothing. When i plug it back in the computer it won't turn on or anything. BUT when i plug it into my usb wall adaptor it will turn on like normal and will seem like it resumes charging, but when i unplug it it goes blank and unresponsive again.

What I did try was plugging it into my computer and forcing it into restore mode. It gets registered on itunes (version 9.2.1), but the screen of the itouch is still black and i will try to restore and update. but then i get error code 1604

has anybody out there had this problem? i know it seems specific but can anyone offer help???
    i have totally run out of ideas

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Just leave it plugged in for a while. The battery is so dead that it won't even show the charging screen. You just need to let it charge.
  3. crazygood150

crazygood150 New Member

but i'm not sure why it would go from a 75% charge to 0% when its still plugged in
  4. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Bad battery connection probably. If the problem persists, get a replacement.
  5. P0tAt0eSnCh33zE

P0tAt0eSnCh33zE New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Did u install anything or do any updates through cydia before this happened?
  6. iSkate15

iSkate15 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hold the power and home button for about ten seconds.
  7. crazygood150

crazygood150 New Member

i haven't installed anything for over a week in cydia.

and i have tried various combinations of holding the home and power button with the iPod plugged in but none of them work.