PLEASE HELP! Apache, offline websites

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by IzzyNobre, Mar 17, 2008.

1. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre New Member

I've had been trying to read PDFs on Safari for a while. So I follow the instructions here to install and configure Apache:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2010&highlight=apache

Problem is, it didn't work. Not only it didn't work, but now the offline websites I set up before (which were located on var/root/Sites) won't load anymore!! instead, Safari gives me the standard "the requested URL was not found on this server".

So it seems that somewhere along the way I changed the configuration that told Safari where to search the local files for my offline websites. Could someone PLEASE help me set it back the way it was? Thanks a lot, guys.
  2. UncleChuckle

UncleChuckle New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That is NOT the path Apache uses on my iPod. It's /var/Documents. That's where everything is on mine (and it's picked up by Safari just fine.)
  3. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre New Member

Perhaps you didn't understand me, I meant that the path that my offline websites were before (with lighttpd) was /Sites

Now they won't load. Not that it mattered that much, I decided to just restore it, upgrade to 1.1.4, jailbreak, and install everything all over again.
  4. UncleChuckle

UncleChuckle New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Not that it matters, but I believe there IS a way to get Apache to point somewhere else. In fact I'm sure I've read such a thing on this very board.
  5. krysus

krysus New Member

Create a symlink from the new webserver root directory to your 'old' path.