Please Help! 1 Day Old Ipod Touch 3g won't recognize itunes. Advanced Help Needed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by polorsport, Sep 15, 2009.

1. polorsport

polorsport New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So I had to find a way to do it. Took me 5 hours to mess it up.

7 hours trying to fix it with no luck.

What I did. I used a program called final uninstaller to removed what I thought was a bad install of xilisoft ipod rip. I deleted my "junk files" and did a registry cleaner as well. Some how I believe that this removed vitals from itunes/ipod touch 3g.

The first thing I noticed was after I had done this and failed to backup everything. (Real genius I am). Was that there was a problem triangle on my ipod classic and touch when plugged in. I ran the driver update and everything seemed to be ok.

I have since erased everything from my ipod touch.

Restored the settings to default.

Uninstalled and reinstalled itunes at least 9 times.

Used CCleaner and Advanced care system to delete the left overs.

Deleted these registry entries :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Found and downloaded usbaapl.sys and placed it in my C:windows/system32/drivers folder. (It was missing after I first had done the finaluninstaller)

I'm running Windows 7 Professional X64 7600 on a PC

Currently my ipod is reaching out to itunes and not responding to it.

It does appear in my computer as a portable device with a picture of a camera.
  2. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

u has itunes 9?
  3. stxyzthipod

stxyzthipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    what i think you should do is back up all your work and then reboot windows 7 and it should work i know it will take a while but you can install itunes and it should work.
  4. polorsport

polorsport New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am running itunes 9.

On the phone with apple cs got them stumped.

Reinstalling windows 7 is my absolute last resort. My backup failed me going from RC to RTM and I rather not go that route. Took 2 weeks to get back to normal.

NEVER USE COBAIN BACKUPS!!!

Would going through repair maybe work if I put my windows 7 dvd in?
  5. stxyzthipod

stxyzthipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im not sure i would think it should and then fix the files that are missing or any other problem but you should really make a backup disk of it because i made one and it was so usefull to me but anyway it should repair if you put the disk in. hope it works
  6. polorsport

polorsport New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I did make a backup with cobain and although it backup up fine. It fails and gave me errors when trying to reinstall.

I didn't think I would need to do more than one back up. I have close to two terabytes of stuff so it's not like I can just put in on a dvd or flash drive.

Apple CS was useless as expected. I blew his mind with the fact I had windows 7 x64 retail. Kept asking me questions about it. Just told me to call microsoft. That's always a nightmare. Going to try and fix with win 7 dvd.
  7. stxyzthipod

stxyzthipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok well thats alot of stuff to back up lol rebooting is not an option then take way too much time if the dvd doesnt work have you tried putting a lower version of itunes on it
  8. polorsport

polorsport New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm going to try that now. Just got off the phone with a bunch of retards in India. (Called a microsoft tech line I googled.)

15-20 minute conversation that went like this.

Her: Thank you for call micrsoft tech support how may I assist you.

Me: Hi, I'm having some difficulty with Windows 7 Professional and its connectivity with itunes 9. I believe I may have removed some drivers that are needed for it

Her: So you have windows xp pro

Me: No, as I said before I have windows 7 Professional. It is 64 bit edition release 7600

Her: Ok, so you do have windows xp pro 7

Me: facepalm.. pause. No again I have the soon to be publicly released Windows 7 Pro x64 7600.

Her: How long have you had it.

Me: About a month

Her: Speaking Indian to a bunch of people

Some dude: Sir, you're having problems with Windows XP Pro

Me: Can I get a supervisor or someone that knows at least what operating system I'm using
  9. stxyzthipod

stxyzthipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol what, you would of thought microsoft would employ people who know somthing about microsoft operating systems lol well hopefully it works fingers crossed
  10. polorsport

polorsport New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thank you for your help stxyzthipod.

I finally got it to work by doing and "upgrade" via my windows 7 pro dvd. Kept all my files just reset my settings. I can live with that.

Time to restore my stuff.