Please Help, 1.1.3 Issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Autris, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Autris

Autris New Member

Ok, so, iTunes decided to "Automatically Update" my iTouch...to 1.1.3

I have all the downgrade files for 1.1.1 and 1.1.2.

I had previously jailbreaked it at 1.1.2, Now every time i try to downgrade it, it exits with "The iPod 'iPod' could not be updated. An unknown error has occurred(1)." When trying to downgrade the system, it simply restarts and goes immediately into the restore mode. Consequently, I cannot even use 1.1.3 for anything. It just appears to crash instantly if i try to load Anything on it.

Anyone have any idea relating to this issue? I'm fresh out...
  2. deadremix

deadremix New Member

you should force restore your ipod, also if ur not planning to go jailbreak it than go 1.1.2 if u are than go 1.1.1 to force restore hold home and the top one till the apple icon appear and than let the top one go and keep on holding home, make sure you have it connected to yoru computer first , once done it should load up itunes and hold shift and left click restore and click on one of ur restore files
  3. Autris

Autris New Member

Somehow its stuck in restore mode. Just keeps looping back and forth between restore mode and 1.13 no matter what I do.

Tried the key combination and it worked, but it keeps forcing updated to 1.1.3. Completely uninstalled iTunes as well as going throu my entire registry deleting every key dealing with apple. Let's see if this works..

Running iTunes 7.5
    8GB iTouch
  4. steveo3

steveo3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Turn automatic updates off
  5. Autris

Autris New Member

Their off now(The computer im doing this on is my laptop, not even connected to the internet atm), but it continually forces 1.1.3 If i try to force 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 it gives me this error: "The iPod 'iPod' could not be updated. An unknown error has occurred(1)."
  6. screamo

screamo New Member

Dude i'm having the same effing problem man. I tried using ziphone, bad idea haha. If you find out how to fix this let me know and i'll do the same for you. I'm goin on a hunt for a solution
  7. doctornakul

doctornakul New Member

8. kaba-inc

kaba-inc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I tried that method and it still didn't work. Any more ideas??