Please help… do I have to restore?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by MaxPower49, May 8, 2009.

1. MaxPower49

MaxPower49 Member

Device:
    iPad
    Last night my ipod touch 2g (jailbroken) froze up as I was booting up a game. When I rebooted, it is gave me the “connect to itunes” picture, so I think I have to restore.

I tried and I am still able to SSH into the ipod (although it seems to disconnect after a few seconds when the ipod screen turns off). Is there any way to SSH in and fix the problem so I don’t have to restore?

If not, what is the best method of backing up my data (cydia apps, game saves, settings, etc.)? I did some research and found this thread, so I was going to try that unless there is a better method available. I’m not sure I understand the part about setting permissions though. Can someone explain that?
  2. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Did you try to restore? If not just do it. If it doesn't work (which it might not) use the recovery loop thing in my signature.
  3. MaxPower49

MaxPower49 Member

Device:
    iPad
    No, I haven't tried restoring yet. If I restore I will lose all of my settings, game saves, and cydia apps, right?
  4. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Yes, sadly.
  5. MaxPower49

MaxPower49 Member

Device:
    iPad
    So even if I can still SSH into the ipod, there is no way I can go in and fix the problem so I don't have to restore?
  6. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

That I don't know. You can wait for other people to help you. I would just backup everything using ssh and then restore, but others might say different.
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Sorry, but sometimes they just crap themselves. If it was something like changing fonts, themes, etc, it would be easy, but freezing in the middle of a game/video, anything could have gone wrong.