Please!! Hellllllllllp!! Me!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by dukanator, Jul 28, 2008.

1. dukanator

dukanator New Member

ok heres my problem i have windows xp and i went to search in the C/D drives and found all the winpwn stuff and deleted them then i downloaded the new 2.0.0.3 and itunes 7.7 and then i went and tryed it im useing an ipod touch 16gb and when i go to build an ipsw and i wait for like 30 sec. and it jumps like half way then i wait like 1 min. and it jumps to like two bars away from done and then i wait like 2 mins. and its finished but when i look to see how much mega bytes the custom ipsw is it says its only 24mbs so then i try to pwn itunes and i tryed it with itunes on and off so when its on it shuts it off and then nothing and when its off it dose nothing so i open up itunes (AGAIN) and i try to shift click and restore or shift click and update and both say errer 1403 so what do i need to do for the ipsw builder to build an ipsw that is like 200mbs. insted of 24mbs. and to pwn itunes properly so i dont get an errer please help me thanks in advance.

ps. please no one comment saying that yours worked first try and stuff cause that isint going to help me so please only help wanted!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    "When all fails, look for a way to get it online" -Hiratai
  3. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

did you go into your control panel and uninstall winpwn or just delete the files?

that could be a problem
  4. RIptide775

RIptide775 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Im not quite sure what your problem is but did you put ur ipod in dfu mode. My problem was that i was getting to the one where it shows on the screen that you need to plug it in to iTunes. When you put in in dfu mode the screen should be off but it will still stay in dfu mode.
  5. dukanator

dukanator New Member

ok yes i did go to control panle and deleted it first from there then i deleted the stuff i found in search but i dont even get to the part when i have to put it dfu or recovery mode so when i bring itunes up and as soon as i click on the custom firmware in the old virsion of winpwn it use to say extracting files but now as soon as i click on the custom ispw it say that errer 1403 ocerdso whats wrong?
  6. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

maybe try reinstalling winpwn 2.0. i wouldnt know though since i am not on 2.0 yet.
  7. dukanator

dukanator New Member

i have 5 times and i reinstaled itunes?
  8. joshrose54

joshrose54 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Go here:

C:\Users\<Username>\appdata\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\Device Support

and delete the files that are there..

uninstall winpwn then reinstall with winpwn 2.0.3

re-build custom firmware then re-pwn

PUT YOU IPOD/IPHONE INTO DFU MODE FIRST - YOU WILL KNOW THAT IT IS IN DFU MODE WEHN THE SCREEN STAYS BLACK (LOOKS LIKE ITS OFF) BUT ITUNES STILL RECOGNISES IT..

Retore with shift + restore and select your custom firmware....
  9. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm goign to try and say this in a way that I can't get infracted for.

There are .ipsw's of this firmware online, for download. I won't link you or discuss this, I'll just leave it out there for you to connect the dots.
  10. dukanator

dukanator New Member

ok thanks i'll try that but one last thing whats the difrence between dfu and recovery mode and how do you get an ipod touch into recovery mode?