Please , Have a Important iPhone 1st Generation question ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alxcoolastru, Mar 18, 2009.

1. alxcoolastru

alxcoolastru Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Hello everybody, i have had many iPod Touches before, and know the the Systems are the same almost and i've decided to get a iPhone 1st Generation maybe a 3G later but i think this one is enough for me currently. I have a question if i unlock my iPhone can i work with Verizon Wireless, if yes than how ? Because i already got an Verizon contract and don't want to cancel it, that's why i'm interested in this, please can anybody answer me ?
  2. hiphopoking50

hiphopoking50 New Member

as of now i dont believe there is but verizon is talking to apple and apple its already working on a way to get it to work with verizon(at least thats what ive heard) they said that they would be releasing the iphone for verizon later this year.
    so now= no
    future= possibly
    considering that verizon was apples first pick and at&t was 2nd you be the judge.
    hope this help.
  3. coop777

coop777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    alx - right now, NO the iphone will not work with Verizon because the iphone uses the GSM communication standard, Verizon uses CDMA.

There are rumors that Apple *may* expand carriers once the exclusivity agreement with AT&t is over (2010?) but even if that happens you will probably see a CDMA iphone which rules out compatibility with older phones.