Please Don't

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by jdknauer113, Jan 7, 2009.

1. jdknauer113

jdknauer113 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It may seem to many of you that I am a relatively new user because of my post count however i happened to have quite a bit of experience in the ipod touch field. I have recently finished work on an app I am writing and should have all the problems worked out by monday of next week. I hope to submit it sometime next week and have it out in early Frebruary. Alot of talk of hacked apps has hit the internet, as of recently and I have noticed that no one seems to be safe from these people. I beg to you, those of your hacking the apps, to not hack just this one. I need the money a great deal and am asking the lowest price avaliable at the moment on itunes. To those of your who witness or can stop any hacking of my app or any others for that matter, do what you can to stop it. I greatly appreciate your patience for reading this letter and hopefully for some of you the respect to not go around hacking the ipas of apps that are not yours.

Sincerely,

jdknauer113
  2. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it, but rest assured it might stop in the time to come once no one has a jailbroken iPod/iPhone.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

There are things you can do within your code to prevent piracy. However, you can't altogether top it. My best advice is to make an app that no one wants to pirate. Possibly by having the application perform a "rm /" on a devoce that is running a pirated copy. I'm just saying...

You will have to go to all the sites and demand that they remove your files. Sites such as [PIRACY.rs], etc, will. That, and a lot of the "iPhone piracy fora" will actually remove links to your application as well, so long as you ask (and aren't douchy about it).

Good luck!
  4. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    In the toolchain section they said there is a way. But if it is a good app, I'll support its developer, can you tell us what yours is?
  5. jdknauer113

jdknauer113 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    all i can tell you is its a fun photo editing app but nothing like you've seen before or thought ab out skylar im really interested in protecting my code i will surely look into this thank you
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

A photo editor? I'm curious, because I've been working on one myself. Various pictures through the stages of development at http://www.skylarcantu.com/images/SkyPhone and are prefixed with Cam.

Is yours anything like mine?
  7. twlegg

twlegg New Member

I think you just shattered him. hahah
  8. jdknauer113

jdknauer113 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yeah its nothing special just a fun little toy. You'll see.