Please answer my question.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by waianaejv32, Dec 29, 2007.

1. waianaejv32

waianaejv32 New Member

When I add a new source, it wont let me download anything off of it or install it. Is it because im typing it in wrong or is it something else? Thanks.
  2. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You'll have to give more information: describe what you do step by step and what you see, otherwise how could we know what happens or what the problem is?

As a wild guess, maybe your source is temporarily down, or yes, maybe you're not typing the right address...
  3. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Quick note - don't let your iPod Touch autocorrect your URLs. For example, you need to have the URL with iphone not iPhone... it'll mess it up...
  4. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Right, that's annoying and if you don't pay attention...

There's an application to switch that on or off in the settings: Kb, in the Tweaks category.
  5. waianaejv32

waianaejv32 New Member

I go to the installer and click the sources tab on the bottom. I then go to edit and then to add. I type in the URL and it is correct. Then now what do I do?
  6. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you give me the URL I can check here.

You're doing it right, normally it should refresh the sources after that, or you can force it to do so. After that, you should see the name of the repository in the sources (with the description and so on). And the applications in the Install tab...

The only thing that could be wrong are the URL, another URL that prevents the refresh from being completed, or a bad Wi-Fi connection.

If you can access the filesystem of you iPod with WinSCP or Total Commander / iPhonebrowser / ..., you can verify the /var/root/Library/Installer/TrustedSources.plist file, you should see the added source there. Maybe you can directly copy/paste the whole file here, so that we can double-check the URL's of your Installer.