Please advise!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mj10, Sep 30, 2009.

1. mj10

mj10 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know it's been posted before but I'm very easily confused! I couldn't find an "idiots guide" to jailbreaking my ipod. Can someone point me in the direction of one or help me out?

Here are my questions!

How do I jailbreak my version of the iPod Touch (idiot proof!)?
    Where can I find jailbroken apps?
    Can I access them on my iPod?
    Will I lose the apps I do have when I jailbreak?
    Will I lose my progress on any of the apps when I jailbreak? (such as Worms, Racing Live, etc)

Thanks in advance
  2. Mr.Funman

Mr.Funman Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    1.Go Look for a guide.
    2.Cydia.
    3.Yes.
    4.No.
    5.No.
  3. mj10

mj10 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well thank you.

I appologise for saying this but I've not been that impressed with this forum so far. Not particularly welcoming! (ie lots of views and 0 replies on my "hello I'm new" kinda thread, and yes thank you for answering my question above; in a rather curt manner though.) I'm sure you guys get the same questions asked over and over, same as I do on eXceem, but it would have been nice to be pointed in the rough direction of an idiot proof guide! I've been scouring the net and just get so confused and bogged down in all the jargon! I've only just been able to work out what tethered and untethered mean! Sorry [/rant]
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    FYI for anyone else in my situation I found this guide... took a gamble and it turned out to be very helpful!

http://www.iphonespies.com/iphone-hacks/tutorial-iphone-and-ipod-touch-3-0-jailbreak-with-redsn0w/