Playlists on iPod missing...?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by iCrosoft, Sep 11, 2009.

1. iCrosoft

iCrosoft New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay, so I went to sync my iPod with my computer, so that I could update my playcount and sync some songs and whatnot, and when I disconnected it, I noticed that when I went to my playlists, the only playlist there was On The Go, which was empty. So then I reset my iPod and afterward, and the two things I noticed were:

a. Still no playlists, though I can still see them on iTunes
    b. The amount of songs on my iPod (after re-syncing) went down by 10.

At this point, I don't care about the playlists, but I'm really hoping I didn't accidentally delete some songs off my iPod and now I can't get them back... :x

But since I can't fix THAT, can anyone tell me why playlists aren't working on my iPod anymore? I have a 2nd Gen Nano and iTunes 9, but I synced my iPod last night and I already had iTunes 9 then, so I don't think it's a compatibility issue, but I don't know for sure.

Also, where it says how much space I have left, it says I have 69.5 MB left, yet it's refusing to sync any more of my songs...
  2. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    check the playlists on your computer, if they have been changed it will change them on your ipod
  3. iCrosoft

iCrosoft New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Actually, I figured out why it wouldn't sync my playlists; it was from a setting that was mysteriously changed for my iPod on iTunes. It was selected to "Sync selected playlists, artists, and genres," rather than "entire library."

However, I'm still missing those 10 songs. I have no idea what they are, so I guess they're not that important, yet it's still bugging me...