Playlist Sync Issues with new iPod Touch 8G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jolajubu, Dec 26, 2008.

1. jolajubu

jolajubu New Member

Hi Guys - This my first post. Just got an iPod Touch 8G for Christmas, and I'm
    having some issues with Syncíng it and would appreciate some guidance.

I previously used a Sony PSP as my portable music player, and so my music
    is organised into folders, with a .m3u playlist for each folder.

To get the music and the playlist onto the iPod, I tried to use the followqing procedure:

1. Downloaded and installed iTunes
    2. Registered my iPod and signed up for the iTunes Store
    3. Added one of my folders to the iTunes Library
    4. Synchronised with my iPod (I selected Manually manage music and videos)
    5. Checked that all the songs were downloaded successfully to the iPod, and play on the iPOD.
    6. Imported the .m3u playlist to iTunes (File->Library->Import Playlist). Checked it had all items and could play the tracks from the library. For some reason, the tracks from the folder now appear twice in the Library after this step.
    7. Attempted to sync the playlist to the iPOD. The playlist has 249 tracks, but for some reason the sync operation fails with error message "Attempting to copy to the disk 'Joseph Olajubu's iPod' failed. The disk could not be written to or read from.

The playlist is *partially* copied, with between 49 and 208 entries (depending on the sync attempt). Playing the songs from the ipod or creating the playlist directly on the iPOD works. Any idea what's going wrong here? I've tried this operation on 2 different computers with similar results. The iPOD has around 4.5G memroy free. Alternatively, is there software like Anapod available for the iPod Touch if this is an iTunes bug?

Thanks in advance for your help
  2. jolajubu

jolajubu New Member

Bump - has anyone any idea what's going wrong here?

Please Register or Log in to view images