Playlist shuffle acting up

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Krokador, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Krokador

Krokador New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, I'm new around here, did search the whole forum but couldn't find this anywhere...

This is not my first time having this, err... issue? People would say it's just a bigcoincidence back when it happened to my iPod video 30GB but as much as I can't willingly reproduce it it keeps happening randomly:

I'll go to a playlist (I made a new one 2 days ago) with about 70 songs and start playing 'em. Now maybe i'm wrong, but what I expect from the shuffle button, when not paired with repeat, is that it'll play all my songs, but in a random order.

It starts out fine, but I won't be listening to 70 songs in a single day, usually. So I paused the thing, left it in sleep mode all night, checked the weather on it this morning before I left and started the playlist where it left off. It played me 1 song, and then replayed a song I was sure i heard yesterday. Then another, and before i knew it, I was listening to yesterday's play order, but backwards. And I could really tell which song was coming next. So on 70 songs I heard about 40 on that playthrough (where i,d left it off yesterday) and 20 of them were replayed.

This is weird and I fail to see why this is happening. I thought the iPod shuffle function was really just that it gave every song a new order, how would it entirely flip it around after sleeping for a bit? xD Has anyone else experienced this?
  2. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When you put it in sleep mode, it forgets the play order.

Dont expect to listen to it, put it in sleep mode, and then leave off where you were.

If your jailbroken you could try PwnPlayer from Cydia, maybe that will work. But its not for 3.0, only 2.2.1 and below.
  3. Krokador

Krokador New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Actually it sometimes does remember the play order and works fine.

Then sometime it doesn't as much forget it as flip it over, which is what I find odd. If it had happened only once I would've just thought it was a coincidence, but it's a recurring thing. The songs will play in the exact reverse order of the time before.

Bah it's not really a problem, more often than not it's actually funny cuz i can brag about guessing the next song and getting it right =P I was just wondering if anyone else out there had it happen to them too.

Thanks for your reply