Playing Music Wirelessly off iPod

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by tomroper, Oct 27, 2007.

1. tomroper

tomroper New Member

Heres a thought,

My MacBook Pro is hooked up to my nice JBL speakers, and I can plug the speakers into my iPot as well, but that means physically having a cable plugged in, which looks a bit naff.

Is there anyway to stream music back to my Mac to play through my speakers, sort of like a reverse AirTunes.

Any thoughts??

Tom
  2. brandon311

brandon311 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i'm sure there's a way... but why would you want to do that. using wifi takes up the battery i would rather have it just plugged in the macbook charging and playing
  3. tomroper

tomroper New Member

Im Quoting Steve Jobs now;

"Wouldnt it be great"

To have you laptop in the corner of you lounge / dining room / studio flat whatever and for you to be on the couch, whip out you iPod and be able to play music from there, say if you had all your buddies round, you had a few beers and as always, no-one can be arsed to get up and change the music!

Wouldnt it be great.....
  4. Rawd

Rawd New Member

You can use this program. I downloaded it, and it works great. It runs through your wifi connection. The only problem is, is they want $25.00 for the full working version. This version works fully except on about 1/3 of your tracksm instead of the song title, it displays "Please Register to view". The song still plays, but you can't see what you are playing unless you register. You can also start up movies with itunes, or WMP with this program via your ipod touch wirelessly. I think this is what you are looking for...

http://www.alloysoft.com/
  5. bossei

bossei New Member

This is a cool idea... however unless you have your computer plugged into your stereo you're not going to get a great sound. So for the purpose of controling the music from the iTouch you would still need to hook that up to a stereo. Which means you're still going to have to get off your butt and change the music.

The only thing it buys you at this point is the fact that you wouldn't have to put all your songs and movies on your iTouch; saving you space. I'm still going to test this though.
  6. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Once it is set up, you don't have to get off your butt! lol. But you're right, you do have to wire your computer to your stereo. After using this program for awhile, I really want to buy it, but they say that they may charge for future updates, which I don't like.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. hungryscientist

hungryscientist New Member

What about sending itouch signal through an airport express? This should feasible right?
  8. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Yes, they even talk about this on their site....

http://www.alloysoft.com/