Playing music through computer's speakers via bluetooth?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by kleemajo, Jun 18, 2009.

1. kleemajo

kleemajo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Has anyone managed to get this to work successfully? I'm trying to hook up my computer (vista) to my ipod touch 2g with a2dp and play music through the computer's speakers. It seems like it should be possible, but I have had no luck so far. I have tried the Broadcom, Toshiba and Bluesoleil stacks so far but none of them seem to be able to connect. My hardware is fine as I can tether, broadcast music, call, send files, etc. from my cell phone (Samsung M510). Does anyone here know of a bluetooth stack for Vista (or for Linux or Mac OSX for that matter) that works with the ipod touch, or have a way of getting it to work on one of the other ones?

Thanks for your help!
  2. edward9911

edward9911 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Fund out how

first of all make sure that your computer and itouch are tethered or connected via bluetooth by opening the bluetooth settings on the control panel, after the computer has seen your itouch it will come out as a audio device, click on it and go into its properties, after the properties open up go to the audio tab on the top of the properties window, your itouch should apear there as a stereo audio player and disconnected, before presing connect make sure your itouch blouetooth is on and in searching mode,now again click on it and press connect on the bottom button above (ok, and cancel) on your computer, now hopefully on the computer and itouch, it should say that they are connected, now play any audio like music, movie or game and it should sound on your computer speakers,,,,, if u still cant seem to get it message me, and if u do get it tell me to.hope i helped
  3. Awesome

Awesome Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How do you do this on a mac?
  4. Kekni

Kekni New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why would you want to do this? Just play your music on iTunes and use the remote app to control it on your iPod.
  5. Aznr00t

Aznr00t New Member

thank you soo much
  6. edward9911

edward9911 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Look........

For any one woundering why some one would want to do this is when there is an easyer way, well its not just for plaing audio on the computer speakers, but just to know how it works incase we are able to do something alse in the future, or just for the hell of it.
  7. tatloe

tatloe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    umm do ur speakers have to be bluetooth??
  8. edward9911

edward9911 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    NO, all they have to do is be connected to your computer, but your comuter does have to b bluetooth to be able to connect with your divice.
  9. johonto

johonto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Also, with Bluetooth, you CAN connect and play through a prius!!!!!! Confirmed working!
    But only with my prius for some reason...
  10. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    wow not to be mean but who owns a prius(besides jeff dunham)