Playing music on my ipod all night. Bad-Good?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MiniHolmes, Jan 14, 2010.

?

Do you, or have you ever left your iPod on all night?

1. Yes.

60.0%
  2. No.

40.0%
  1. MiniHolmes

MiniHolmes New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

Hello all, I am a new member here, and (after using the search button to no avail) have a question.

My ipod sits idling (no screen power, but still on nontheless) waiting for 6:30 AM to roll around to activate my alarm. It then plays my designated tone chosen in the app "Ambiance" (obviously, an ambient sound player).

**For the record, the alarm clock stays on all night, because if it turns off, and then back on, I have to listen to Immortal Technique playing over an ocean tide.

I have heard of other people wearing head phones and playing music all night, but I play my tunes from my alarm clock (the dock that the charger goes in to, not the headphone jack).

-----
    I have 2 questions. First, is it harmful to let your iPod sit idling all night without a break (the screen turns off after one minute, but I know the device remains on)?

Second, if yes/no, which method is better to use all night, the audio jack, or the charger jack plugged into an alarm clock?
    -----

Thank you in advance for the answer,
    Mike
  2. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    ahhh no its not one bit harmful to leave your ipod on idle... and its really good if u have it on charge (correct me if wrong) but i would go for the dock because i find it hard to sleep with headphone...hope this helped.. also i like bairly turn off my ipod because its not needed i might turn it off when i cbf to get my charger or im out for the weekend or something
  3. Airion

Airion Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I do that. You can listen to your music for hours and it wont drop 5%!! as long as u have it in sleep mode.. if u leave it on, it will drop fast. I cannot sleep with headphones in my ears! cuz u have the cord running down ur stomach and sh*t.