Playing music, locking my iPod then turning it back on shuts off my music!?!?!?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by sdschramm, Feb 21, 2009.

1. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, well not exactly but here is the issue:

I'm playing music. I then lock my iPod. A few songs go by, and then one comes on I don't like - or maybe I want to check my mail or something. So I press the lock button, slide to unlock and then the iPod closes out. The music still plays, but it takes me back to the springborad instead of keeping me on the iPod screen so I can control my music.

I know this dosn't sound like that big of a deal, but I am so tired of playing music and then when I want to change the song - when I go to slide to unlock, the app closes and I have to push the music/iPod icon to open it BACK up, THEN I can do what I want.

This happens like 65% of the time. I still can't figire out what is causing it.

I thought it was related to my "tap to unlock" sliders but after disabling them, it still does it. Now I am using the "wide sliders" and it is doing it on them too!

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
  2. IPT_FTW

IPT_FTW Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    It is probably the tap to unlock and wide sliders that is causing this. It is because you are unlocking too fast, and it does that for some reason. But try updating to 2.2.1., cause I don't have that problem anymore.

This is just my hypothesis, so I might be wrong.
  3. lightningdude

lightningdude New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you close out of music before you locked it? If it keeps closing out on you for no reason, when you unlock the ipod, double-click the home button and it'll pop up a mini music control console.
  4. james_park617890

james_park617890 New Member

i had the exact same problem as u in 2.1. I got so sick of it i upgraded to 2.2 and so far no problem like that.....if you got your firmware from a different place than itunes, that might be the problem because that's what happened to me, but as soon as i upgraded from itunes (and not from some people's host), it started working correctly