Playing Itunes Downloads in 1.1.3 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by scousermike, Feb 14, 2008.

1. scousermike

scousermike New Member

Hello,

As you may already know there seems to be a problem when you use Wifi to download music/videos from Itunes store directly onto your Ipod Touch.
    They freeze and won't play.

Does anyone know of a patch or a fix out there that can be installed so i can listen/watch my itunes purchases ?

Bit annoying using the shuffle and half of the songs on there don't actually play.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thank you in advance
  2. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Which jailbreak did you use? If you used a soft-upgrade method, what firmware did you start on?

Nonetheless, there is no known fix, but as a general rule, if you run the dev team soft-upgrade (or a variant of it) from firmware 1.1.2, or just restore to 1.1.3 using iTunes, then use the ZIPhone GUI jailbreak, there is no reason why DRM-encoded media won't work.
  3. scousermike

scousermike New Member

Hi,

i was on 1.1.1 but i then used this to upgrade through installer...
    ijailbreak.com/repo.plist

I got it from this link...http://www.ehow.com/how_2194921_jailbreak.html

It put an icon on my springboard which i clicked on and it downloaded and set up automatically.
    Everything works fine except when i download the tunes/vids off Itunes - it won't play them.

Sorry, i'm not very good with this kind of thing.

So, if i restore my ipod through itunes to 1.1.3 i can use something on here (i'm sure there'll be a link on this forum somewhere) called "ZIPhone GUI jailbreak" then that should cure it ?
  4. Blink

Blink New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Try going from 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2 -> 1.1.3. I've heard that that works better for some people. (I've done it and the WiFi store works fine, now, whereas before it was not.)