Playing/Charging/Question.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Proxin, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Proxin

Proxin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, I've been reading alot and yes I have searched but it still jumbles with all these responses.

So, Can you overcharge an iPodTouch 2G? Will it hurt it to keep it plugged in?

I've read alot of people saying it can be overcharged and being plugged in long times is bad for it. I've also heard that the Lithium-Ion battery in it has like an overcharge prevention thing where it'll stop at 100% and resume at 90-95%.

When playing games is it good to play while it's plugged in? Is it bad to play for long period of time?

I ask this because when I play I can feel the bottom getting hot after a little while of playing... Should I be worried about it getting hot like that?

Thanks~
  2. deepower

deepower New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It gets hot becouse the battery charges and discharges at the same time, untill you stop using your ipod. That can lower your batt's performance long-term. I prefer playing/using without charging it, untill the batt completely drains. Then i just leave it with the charger. For like 5 hours.
  3. Proxin

Proxin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It also gets hot when playing not plugged in on the bottom left corner of my ipod touch... is that normal?
  4. deepower

deepower New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Yeah,

that is also normal, just a indication of a chemical reaction (the battery discharges fastly)

so don't worry. If you do, make sure its when you see the high-temp-caution screen.

Please Register or Log in to view images