Playing back files downloaded from Limewire - no sound

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by illmatic, Oct 23, 2007.

1. illmatic

illmatic New Member

Hi again,

I downloaded a couple of south parks from Limewire, converted them via itunes and loaded them on to my touch. The problem is there's no sound?

Please advise and if possible, let me know what type of file i should be looking to download?

Thanks
  2. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

They should be mp3 files. If they're playing ok in itunes though they should be ok on the ipod.
  3. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

stop asking noobish questions about files you downloaded off of limewire

Please Register or Log in to view images

and no southpark episodes shouldn't be mp3s files

they usually come as xvid avi

4. Rallos

Rallos New Member

I would avoid using iTunes to convert video files especially xvid files (the most likely file type in this case). It is horrible at it. If you are on a mac I would get a copy of VisualHub to handle all of your converting needs. I had the exact same problem as you did until I tried VisualHub and it works great. I don't use windows (much) so unfortunately I can't recommend a good program for converting video for a PC. Maybe someone else here would be nice enough to do that.
  5. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

if your on windows use videora it works great for ipod touch's. I believe it has no sound due to itunes being an idiot. You probably downloaded it as a .mpeg and it has some other codec in it like xvid or divex or whatever, you then converted in itunes and itunes though it was a plain mpeg so it converted it wrong thus you have no sound. Use a real converter to avoid this problem.