play pacman with tilt funtion

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by SmexyPenguin18, Dec 30, 2007.

1. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think this would be really fun to play it would probaly be my favorite app ever or if anyone knows if there is something like this could you tell me about it
  2. droidika

droidika New Member

That sounds like a cool idea. I see alot of posts suggesting a Starcraft game but that doesn't sound like something that would work. A turn based strategy game like Advance Wars and the like would be good. I know you can use the gsphone app but an iPod touch native game would be great.
  3. Pyrofer

Pyrofer New Member

Tilt sucks as a control method for games like that.
    I tried it with Rockfall and people complained, gone back to screen tapping now.
    Its just nasty having to tilt the LCD away from you so you cant see it easily
  4. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Well, I am working on a Pac-man level pack for iPhysics that works this way.

It will be quite a bit different than the original pac-man with tilt.

I'm still not sure if Power pellets could work and...

There is no AI code written for iPhysics, so I was asking r4m0n if it would be possible to make it so the 'ghosts' are not affected by the accelerometer, but have a gravitational attraction to 'pac-man'. It is the best thing I could come up with for AI, and if it works good, I will release it.
  5. elg450

elg450 New Member

i hate the tilt fonction in the snake apps I hope someone made some good Old arrows

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. hotwater10

hotwater10 Banned

it would be fun but they would have to make levels and stuff and i dont think anybody is willing to make it and if someone was willing they woulnt put to much time to it so it would be nothing
  7. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

no. its freaking annoying to play iSnake and iPong with the accelerometer, trust me on this.