Play next option (and dynamic playlists)

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Pileot, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Pileot

Pileot New Member

I really like the way RockBox worked with playlists (for those of you who used it) and would LOVE the ability on my itouch to do the following:

I start playing a song, but half way through i think "Damn i REALLY want to hear Song X", but the song im listening to is too good, i dont want to kill it to start the new one.

So i scroll through my list to find Song X, tap and hold, and a menu comes up... Insert last, Insert next, insert random. Doing this, i can put that song into the playlist and hear it right away, later on, or at the bottom of my current list. Hell! i could even do that for folders, artists, genres, albums, etc. as well!

I am told it would require some hardcore haxxing to make it work, but if anyone could do this they would be my hero. The default itouch media player is pretty lousy....

Also! The box thing at the top right of the now playing screen shows the album the current song is in... it would make a WHOLE lot more sense if it showed the current playlist so you could advance three or four songs ahead or back on the list.... how many times i have tapped that box then a song forgetting it will erase my current playlist, i dont remember. its a lot.
  2. Qbeck

Qbeck Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    great ideas
  3. Pileot

Pileot New Member

damn straight

Well of course they are good ideas...

It only makes sense, make things easier to play... Chances are it would be a LOT easier to add these options to like, pwnplayer or something similar, however it appears that pwnplayer has died (forum went poof, development is... halted?) so i dont know...
  4. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Good ideas! I'd love to see them. It probably is a hard thing to do tho.

One thing that could be good, was if when you double tap the artwork, it would bring up the album, and when you tapped the button in the right corner, it would show the current playlist.
  5. Pileot

Pileot New Member

Anyone able to work on this?
  6. Pileot

Pileot New Member

Bump?

Also the ability to delete music from the player would be an asset...
  7. Wiizz

Wiizz New Member

That'd be awesome.