Play music while charging?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Hackey_Sack, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I use a wall charger for my ipt3, and my battery life is pretty low, so it's plugged in a large portion of the time. I also have a dock with speakers. My problem? I can do two of the following at one time:

• Charge
    • Read iptf.com
    • Listen to music

Is there a way for me to do all three? Play music through the built-in speakers while plugged in?

TIA
  2. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you should be able to
  3. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah it's not like you should be locked to just the iPod/Music app when it's plugged in.
  4. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The Music app stays working in the background, as does Safari. Charging has no effect on either of these. You should be able to plug it in, start playing a song, and open safari without any issues... If needed get Backgrounder and Kirikae and background each app to make sure.
  5. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That's not the problem. The problem is that plugging it in disables the speaker and headphone port. I got an SBSettings toggle for silent mode, but it did nothing.

Is it supposed to do that? I got my iPod for Christmas, I think it's still under warranty... It'd be a pain to put all my apps and stuff on again, though.
  6. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If it's a dock with speakers, it's supposed to disable volume control from the iPod and play the music through the dock's speakers.
  7. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It does that. Perfectly, even. However, when my iPod is connected to power via my wall charger or a computer, it does the same thing. It's almost as if it still thinks it's plugged into a dock, so it's playing the music through the sync port. That's probably not good for... Anything, really. Also, it's been doing this since before I jailbroke or got a dock, so I had assumed it was normal. This doesn't happen to anyone else, then?
  8. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That does happen to me with my Dynex USB cable that came with my Dynex wall charger. It makes the iPod believe it's connected to the dock for some reason. With my normal apple usb cable, it's okay.
  9. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey, I use the same charger. If I try the charger with a different cable, you're saying a have a chance?

EDIT: Worked like a charm! Thanks for the tip. Sort of ironic, I got the charger for my Nano I owned before I
    got my Touch and always used that cable. Today was the first time I used the one that came with it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you try with a different cable, for example the stock apple one, it should allow sound through, unless it's the same as the Dynex one.