Play IPOD Touch through car speakers

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lauzm2004, Oct 26, 2007.

1. lauzm2004

lauzm2004 New Member

Hi Guys

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm wondering if you can help me out with a little problem i'm having

I have just bought my ipod touch ( and i must say love it very much)

I'm trying to connect it to the car so it plays through my car speakers, i have a usb port on my car stero and connect other mp3s and flash drives to it and it automatically plays mp3s etc through the speakers without having to adjust settings, or mess about with it.

When i try to connect my new ipod via the usb port it does not register with the stereo, my stero just scrolls a msg saying read fail

CAn anybody help me please, i bought a fm transmittor for it and that comes through ok, but its crackly and not as good as jus plugging it straight into the usb port.

Please help

Laura
  2. Holger

Holger New Member

The problem is that the touch, unlike most players, cannot be read as a harddrive, so your radio is unable to find the mp3-files or even connect to the touch. You can either buy a new radio OR get some sort of iPod related car system installed (Harman Kardon offers some nice sets ...) or live with the FM transmitter.
  3. ydoucare

ydoucare New Member

No USB Mass Storage support = no access to your music

I just use the line-in on my stereo to play music in my car. Sounds way better than an FM transmitter. If your car has USB, it might have an Aux in as well (some are on the front panel, some in the rear).
  4. kevio

kevio New Member

If you don't have an Aux/line in then you can add one. I added one to my Hyundai Veracruz. It sounds great. It's a hardwired FM Modulator. A million times better than the wireless versions. You could actually use this same kit on probably any car. It was $65 and also comes with a Scosche ground loop box. It basically connects to the antennae input and has a female receptor for your existing antennae cable. It gives you a 1/8" stereo aux input and allows operation on one of two selectable radio channels. After it's installed it looks like this...

You can go into any Hyundai dealer and just order part number U8550-00100 for the Veracruz.

Another option is to search Crutchfield.com for your stereo and get a DIN adapter like this.
  5. itouch101

itouch101 New Member

Do you have the RCA cable by any chance? if so you could buy like an adapter for it..
  6. l7productions

l7productions New Member

If you have an 06 VW like me, you can get this unit.

Definitely worth looking at if you want stereo intregration.
  7. rogiredneb

rogiredneb New Member

Hi out there,
    which FM transmitter works with the touch. my dealer told me there ist still one to come, but my old, used with a nano, won´t work. any suggestions which one really works with the touch

best