Play Emulators on TV with AV Cable?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by OBeer-WAN-Kenobi, Mar 22, 2008.

1. OBeer-WAN-Kenobi

OBeer-WAN-Kenobi New Member

Ok, I did some searching and I haven't found anything about this anywhere. Is it possible to play your NES or GBA emulator while viewing it on your TV, using an AV cable? I tried it and only the sound comes through. Is there an app or a little hack somewhere that will get this to work? I do a lot of traveling and that's the main reason I got the touch in the first place and now I can't imagine a 14 hour flight without it!. It would be excellent to be able to hook up to any TV and play it on the big screen. You wouldn't have to worry about your fingers covering up the game either.
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I would also love to see this. I think coverflow on the tv would be great as well.. Any devs have any clue how this could be done?
  3. dude19

dude19 Banned

the av cables only do video (maybe more than video, music also but i dunno bout apps)but apple has a connector that connects to the bottom of the iphone and some of the pins im guessing give the output? watch the march 6th event and you willl know what im talking about.
  4. odin13

odin13 New Member

This would be awesome! I hope someone finds a way to do this.
  5. soupdude551

soupdude551 New Member

i bet apple will do this in june when the "offical" apps come out. Im sure they will get a whole bunch of sales if they do.
  6. OBeer-WAN-Kenobi

OBeer-WAN-Kenobi New Member

I wasn't sure what section to post this in but if there really isn't a way to do this currently is there a better place/forum section to ask this? Maybe suggest it to some developers?
  7. dude19

dude19 Banned

why doesnt apple want us putting or ipods onto the big screen? whats so wrong with that!
  8. hyperforcegoku

hyperforcegoku New Member

Demo.app is for that how did he do it at 2007 and this year the demo app just get the right pins. durr

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. bluX

bluX New Member

Reallya nice idea man i hope some developer sees this and tries to make one.
  10. dude19

dude19 Banned

yea just get the right pins and hook then up how? demo.app really but its nothing but a blank screen with a paper and ruler and pencil i thought.