Play Count in iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by slybeans, Jan 29, 2008.

1. slybeans

slybeans New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It doesn't update when I plug my iPod in!

How would I fix this?
  2. Juwilz

Juwilz New Member

what do u mean? its does recognize the ipod in itunes when u plug it in right?
  3. slybeans

slybeans New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah it does.

I guess it's a little problem that isnt worth bothering really

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. yashrg

yashrg Member

actually, I realized the same thing, and it bothers me a LOT. I have a whole bunch of smart playlists that revolve around my play count, skip count, last played etc... and if ipod touch doesn't get synced with itunes, its really annoying. I have set my ipod to sync selected playlists, videos, podcasts, photos, bookmarks, calendars and contacts... the whole shebang. but play count from ipod touch is not updated when i plug it into itunes.
  5. htrapz

htrapz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    right click on the playlist and select copy to play order and it should update that playlist on your iPod
  6. yashrg

yashrg Member

I want it to sync play count from the ipod touch back to itunes. because I played most my music on ipod, and its not syncing any play/skip counts, my itunes library still sees those songs as not played.
  7. HAL-9000

HAL-9000 New Member

As for the skip count, I noticed that the iPod touch only counts a track as "skipped" when you press the skip button *immedeatly* after the song has started. If you let it play for, let's say like 5 seconds, before pressing the skip button, it won' register the song as skipped.
    So this feature is pretty much useless now :-/
  8. alecongua

alecongua New Member

Slybeans, I have the same problem. I think it was doing allright until a couple of days ago. If my memory is correct, what I did that day was that I changed my iPod from being manually sync'd (with its own playlists) to automatically sync'ing selected playlists. I dont know if I'm making myself clear and if this makes sense. I don't want to change my current settings (I prefer the automatic sync'ing) but might do so if I dont find a good solution.
    Any clues? Anyone?