play button flashing, no audio, no songs working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by breadtower, Mar 18, 2010.

1. breadtower

breadtower New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    When i play certain songs, the play button in the top right corner flashes play, then disappears, then comes back. It cycles pretty randomly about 2-4 times a second. While this happens, i can't play any songs. Apps still produce audio. This happened in the past and i just deleted the suspected bad songs off my iPod and then it was fine. Now when i restart my iPod, the problems persists. Anyone heard of this or how to fix this? Unjailbroken iPod touch 1st gen 16Gig firmware 3.1.2. I haven't deleted the songs because i can't remember which ones they are. Is there a reason any songs would cause this error? And if so, is there a way i can hunt them down in my music library and destroy them?
  2. breadtower

breadtower New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. XoxZipxoX

XoxZipxoX New Member

I am having the same problem. Everything else on my iPod works fine, but when I go to play songs the play button in the top right corner flashes randomly. Last night I tried syncing my iPod but an error saying that it couldn't sync because the software required couldn't be found, so I just gave up and kept the songs I already had on until I could figure out what was wrong with iTunes, and then this morning I tried playing my songs and this started happening. I've tried resetting, and pretty much everything else that you have. Have you found a fix for this yet?