Play a single Song!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Liquidream, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Liquidream

Liquidream New Member

Hi all,

Has anyone found a way to just play a song ONCE on the iPod Touch/iPhone?

I know one way to accomplish this is to create a Playlist with just a single song in it, but this seems very "Sledgehammer to crack a Nut"!. Especially seeing as I have around 30 songs that I want to be able to choose to play from.

(If your curious as to WHY I want this, it's coz I want to use my iPod Touch to play one-off sound effects while doing a Pub Quiz. What I don't want is to have to worry about stopping the song/sound effect at the end so that it doesn't start playing the next one immediately afterwards!)

Cheers!
  2. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

When I saw the title, I was going to suggest to putting a song on the 'On the go' playlist. That way you dont need a computer. Then once that song is played, change the song for another until you need to use it. It will be pretty quick.
  3. Liquidream

Liquidream New Member

Thanks Smithy, that is another way to go about it.

Ideally, I just want a long list of songs which I can scroll through and select one to Play. When it finishes, it stops and goes back to the list.

I might start searching through Apps to see if one fits the bill, else I might have to learn how to code one myself!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Yeah pretty stupid they dont already have something like that on the iPod. Unless I'm just missing it. Maybe write a thread in the developer idea section. Im sure a developer could get something done pretty easily.