Planning on buying my iPhone tomorrow.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Renegade, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I have a couple of questions.

1. Me and my sister are both getting the iphones and plan to pay tomorrow, But my mom is the account Holder on At&t. Does she need to be there to sign the contract and get the phones?

2. We plan on just using the sim cards we have now from At&t. Do we just bring our phones to the apple store and they just switch them out into the iPhones?

3. Is Apple able to set the plan's we want or would we have to also drive to an At&t store? EX. We want to downgrade our monthly price, Upgrade to unlimited texting for the whole family, Etc... Can Apple change that right there in their store, Or do we need to do it at an At&t store?

4. We plan on buying in cash as we've been saving up for a while now. Does Apple allow for user's to buy the iPhones in cash or does it need to be coming off of a card (Credit/debit)
  2. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. The account holder has to be there because your changing things on he account.
    2. You can just swap it out.
    3. Apple can do that.
    4. You can pay for the phone in cash but need a credit card for a credit check. Also bring the account holder's social security card and phone bill from AT&T.
  3. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Nope, Apple CAN NOT change your plan. You can easily call AT&T with the "security code" (last 4 digits of account holders SSN) and change your account.
  4. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You do not swap the SIM... a SIM comes with the iPhone that you have to use.. I went with my friend (who is on my line) to get his iPhone and they had to just use the SIM that the iPhone came with.. I dont know why but no big deal
  5. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    you can also change your plan online
  6. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    good point

Please Register or Log in to view images