iPhone 3GS Plan on buying iPhone 3GS from Apple and then eBaying it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cop J, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Cop J

Cop J New Member

I already have an iPhone 3GS and my girlfriend has a phone that she is fine with. I am on a family plan with my family and she is on a plan by herself. What I am going to do is leave my family plan since my contract is up, and get an iPhone from apple and sign a 2 year contract and create a family plan with my girlfriend. When I do this, I will have 2 iPhone 3GS'. My girlfriend doesn't want the iPhone so I plan on selling it on eBay.

My question is what iPhone 3GS should I get? Which one is worth most on eBay? Should I buy it and keep it sealed in the box or should I open the box and unlock and jailbreak it and add a load of apps? Which will offer me the most profit? 16gb or the 32gb?

That's basically my question. I know regardless I'd make around $400 profit, but I just want to max the profit I'd make cuz eBay and paypal takes a load of fees.
  2. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Uh why not just create it with another cerrier? Why setup yourself on a extreme phone bill with a crappy company?

Why not just get a unlimited calling solution for her?
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

For $400 I would not sign a contract (yet). I would not be at all surprised if there is a 4G or some fancy new iPhone out net year and you may want to wait and do a contract then.

If you get a 3GS right now it is not able to be unlocked or jailbroken (all new 3GS's are coming with 3.1).

As far as your eBay questions: watch some items and see what they sell for - White ones seem to bring in more and I am not sure if the 32GB vs.16GB brings in enough to make up the difference in the original purchase price. The apps are kind of pointless if the buyer is going to do anything with the iPhone: since it would be synced with your computer to add the apps the buyer would not be able change anything and keep the apps you put on it.
  4. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You need to wait for Greenpois0n or Blackra1n in order to Jailbreak iPhone 3G S 3.1 OTB. If you really want to do this, I suggest Black 32GB, wait for Jailbreak, Jailbreak it and add stuff you think people might want.