Pl

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MarkA123, Aug 8, 2010.

1. MarkA123

MarkA123 New Member

Okso I have a 32 gb iPod touch (the new version). I've had it for under 90 days. I ordered it from apple so it has a warranty. It's never been jailbroken The problem with it is that the volume buttons randomely act like they're being pushed (the volume goes out of control) I called apple a few days ago and they did troubleshooting and it didn't succeed. They said I need a replacement. They said they'd order me a replacement but I told them to hold off on the replacement for now. The reason I did that is because I've heard that apple gives refurbished iPod touches not new ones. I'm going to the mall in a couple days in st.louis which is a long way away so we don't get to go to apple much. I don't think they have a genius bar there. When I went there they just had a couple testing devices out I bought my iPod there but don't have the reiceipt. If I take it there and they find out i need a replacement will they just give me a new one there since they don't carry refurbished devices or will they order me a refurbished one over the phone or online? I really don't want a refurbished is there any way at all to get a new instead of refurbished.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    There is nothing wrong with refurbished. They get new screens, new casing, etc.
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Refurbished are practically brand new.
  4. MadMoney

MadMoney New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea there new