PkgBackUp Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by geekgrrl, Jul 21, 2009.

1. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I just got a replacement 16GB Touch 2G.

I purchased PkgBackUp (in Cydia) to help along the process.

However, Cydia does not recognize me.

How do I get my PkgBackUp back? Was it all futile?
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm not sure what you mean, but have you emailed the developer for support?
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would contact the developer and see what's up.
  4. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Now, Cydia shows a website with information about PkgBackup.

However, there was no "address" generated, or anything else, and no instructions, only the next screen reporting 114 applications are backed up and option to Restore with the PkgBackup product I purchased.

I figured it had to be a backup to Cydia, or PkgBackup server, if different. Is Big Boss Cydia, as well as Jay Saurik? (maybe a rhetorical question, but I thought Cydia is a "group")?

Anyway, all seems lost. I have been re-building my Touch 2G, all day, and I am not even half-way there.

I can contact Jay Saurik about my purchase. The iwebkit-type page that has appeared, now, instructs, basically, do not contact the developer.

There is a contact iWebkit-type information page up now.At least, I can have the product again, or ought to be able to have the product I paid for, and find out if it works for future.

I paid, but the replacement Touch UDID is different.

I had got the UDID app, and tried several times to get a screenshot for my iPod Touch. That app, apparently, did not allow it. I tried several times. I get screenshots of practically everything else.

How will Cydia know it is me? Cydia uses PayPal, the evil-empire of PayPal where Resolution "resolves" nothing, ever. Never. Not in over 5 years. Not once.

Crap.
  5. 3gsreviewer

3gsreviewer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yea, I would contact either the developer or saurik. I think pkgbackup was only for your own device, like if you needed to restore to a newer firmware, and didn't want to have to download everything again. So yah

Please Register or Log in to view images