Pictures take unnecssery size!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by coolzed, Oct 7, 2008.

1. coolzed

coolzed New Member

Hey guys im haveing some trouble syncing pictures to my Ipod i'll get into the details!

So i have downloaded 419 chapters of Naruto Manga and when i sync them all to my ipod they go up in crazy size!

An example!

419 chapter= approximately 10 000 pictures= 1.88 gb of space
    And when I sync them all to my Ipod Touch (16 GB) with 3.64 gb free space I only get half of the amount of chapter and they all took 3.64 gb (that was only 201 chapters) while my PC says they all 419 were 1.88 gb!

can any one help me!
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

They convert them to high quality png's.
  3. coolzed

coolzed New Member

they are already PNG's!

And high quality no way josé!

They look like crap now!
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Resize them with another program before transferring the PNG files to your iPod - if you don't resize them to a resolution the iPod likes (basically, well below what you're currently using), iTunes will resize them for you into a much lower res bitmap file.

My suggestion? Don't use the built-in photo viewer to read your manga and don't use iTunes to sync those pictures onto it, so the picture quality stays the same. Then use a decent picture viewer - there's some on the App Store, including ComicZeal if you're into that sorta thing. Or... y'know, SEARCH for 'comic' on the forum.
  5. drstein

drstein New Member

Is there a program that can upload huge resolucion pics without scaling them down? if so which one?

And if I do so...could I zoom many times on it? could I use normal photo viewer or I would need a different program? if so...can you reccomend me one?

P.S: all this is for a 2G ipod touch (not JBed, ofc...so appstore applications, please)
  6. coolzed

coolzed New Member

Do comic zeal download restricted comics from their server or do they take them from your PC?
  7. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

For a 2G iPod, you're screwed with regards to getting high-res pics onto your iPod and then viewing them. AirSharing and MobileFinder, among others, will let you get said files on there, but if the res is too high they won't open the picture.

And you can't use the onboard photo viewer to view high-res images; it just won't view anything that isn't converted into a low-res BMP that's been added to your Photos library by iTunes or the iPod itself.

As I said before, you'll want to use something else to view photos, or manga in this case. ComicZeal will do it, among other viewers, but you have to convert said files to a lower resolution anyways.

And if you check out the ComicZeal link in iTunes or their home page, it says you can convert your own comics for ComicZeal format and then upload them into ComicZeal. Again, it WILL resize the pictures, though... so be warned. But at least they won't be BMP files.
  8. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Get rid of all that naruto crap.
  9. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Nah, don't be so hard on him.

Maybe use your computer? Not necessary on an iPod Touch really.
    The only way to really possibly get them lower is to convert them into a lower size altogether on your computer and in lower quality, and hope it might not make them as large on the iPod Touch.
  10. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    yeah thats a ton of freaking chapters but whatever why not put more free space and then put them on there