Pictures on iPod via ssh

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by csdonz, Mar 7, 2008.

1. csdonz

csdonz New Member

is there away to put pictures on my ipod touch via ssh and them will appear in the photos app. i want to put the pictures on via ssh so i can delete the pictures from mobile finder app whenever i want.
    help appreciated
  2. ur_so_beautiful

ur_so_beautiful New Member

i don't think there is a way, but if there is, plaese tell us now! i'd really like to know..takes too long to sync with iTunes lol
  3. csdonz

csdonz New Member

yeah, this would be an excellent way to put pics on
  4. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    There is a Photo database, I know, but it's been a while and I forget the directory. These ARE NOT individual pictures, however.
  5. bones237

bones237 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    There is a way to do this via ssh but not into your photos. You also need the wallpaper app from the iapp-a-day source but you can view them and delete them right in the wallpaper app. this is what you do:
    - Drop the pics you want into /var/mobile/Library/Wallpaper
    - Go into the Wallpaper app (I have ver. 2.1) on itouch and when you're viewing other peoples wallpapers, you can touch the screen at any time to bring up selection choices. (see screenshot)
    - Select "View Gallery" and your pics should be in there.
    - At this point you can make pic wallpaper or remove it from gallery (delete).

Sometimes tho, when you're in gallery your pics won't show up and there'll be just an empty box in it's place. Don't worry, they are there, just touch the empty box and your pic will open up. I know this is a little much just to view pics but you wanted to know if there is a way to do it via ssh.................and you can delete them from app unlike photos app.

Attached Files: