Pictures/App Data lost after upgrade!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crazeedriver2005, Oct 21, 2009.

1. crazeedriver2005

crazeedriver2005 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Device: iPod Touch 1g
    Firmware: jailbroken 3.1.2 as of last night, jailbroken 2.2.1 up until then

Last night I finally decided to make the jump from 2.2.1 to 3.1.2 after hearing about blackra1n. I backed up all my jailbreak apps using AptBackup, performed a backup using iTunes, then upgraded (didn't do a full restore as I probably should have). What I didn't realize until it was too late was that I forgot that I had hid my Pictures icon using Poof in SBSettings (I may have also used SwapCameraRoll too but didn't change it back before upgrading but I don't remember if I did or not <facepalm>). At first I thought it wouldn't be a big deal since only the icon was hidden and the actual images were still on the iPod, but after the upgrade and restoring my settings from the backup, I had no pictures and none of my app data was restored! The only things that were restored were my contacts. email account, system settings, weather settings, basically all the default OS program data. I then decided to go ahead and do a full restore with 3.1.2 to see if maybe that may solve it (and also since I had about 1 GB of unusable space from where my apps were installed before). After the full system restore, I again restored from the iTunes backup I made earlier before the upgrade and was frustrated to still have the same situation. After jailbreaking again using blackra1n and trying to restore my backup in AptBackup, it repeatedly gave me a message saying "A backup must be performed before a restore operation can occur." I restored the data from iTunes several times then finally got it to restore my jailbreak apps.

To make a long story short, is there any way to recover my photos/application data now or is it all a total loss?
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Backups do not save app data or pictures anyway. Only the items you said.
  3. crazeedriver2005

crazeedriver2005 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've backed up before then restored the backup after doing a complete OS restore and all my app data and photos were put back as they were when I did the backup, unless I'm missing something here. :-/

Edit: Did some research and found this:

"iTunes will back up the following information:

iPhone OS 1.1 and later

* Safari bookmarks, cookies, history, and currently open pages
    * Map bookmarks, recent searches, and the current location displayed in Maps
    * Application settings, preferences, and data
    * Address Book and Address Book favorites
    * Calendar accounts
    * Wallpapers
    * Notes
    * Call history
    * Mail accounts
    * YouTube bookmarks
    * SMS messages
    * Saved suggestion corrections (these are saved automatically as you reject suggested corrections)
    * Camera roll (photos and screen shots taken by the iPhone)"
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Come on, can anyone help? I'm desperate here!