Picture of the iPod "Blue Highlight"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pipdipchip, Oct 21, 2007.

1. pipdipchip

pipdipchip New Member

Hi. I'm designing an iPod Touch web site and I need that famous blue highlight when you select a song for example. I've looked everywhere but I can't find a good enough graphic to use. Anyone know where to find one or could someone take a screenshot of it? Thanks in advance.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I'm not quite sure what you mean? Do you want to make it so that when you click on something, the background turns blue and the text white?

If so, then that can be done using simple CSS class for those links that you want to change.

Also, if you want a screenshot, simply download Dock from withing Installer and take a screenshot using that. The instructions are posted in this forum.
  3. pipdipchip

pipdipchip New Member

Well, the background is more than just a fade of blue. It has a gradient which can be hard to replicate in CSS. I would just take a screenshot myself but I'm having problems connecting via FTP.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

If you can't get in via sftp or ssh, then you can download either iShare or SendPics to email the Screenshot to yourself.

As far as the gradient goes, if you can't get the exact image and get really desperate, I created a script that will generate either a vertical or horizontal gradient from any color to any other color. Although it is far from perfect, I can send it to you.
  5. pipdipchip

pipdipchip New Member

Oh thanks, I didn't know you could send pics that way. I can try that.

I'll show you the site I'm designing. It's http://ipodtouchhacks.org/. None of the content is up BTW. As you can see, it's pretty bland right now and I thought adding the classic blue highlight in the main topic areas would spruce it up. If you could send me that gradient script, I'll try to get a screenshot though as well.