[PICS] Safari Download Plugin Update

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by JonSingh12, Dec 12, 2007.

1. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    [PICS] Safari Download Plugin Update - Fixed Download/Stream Problem!

Note to all who was having problems Fixed Download/Stream Problem!
    Read the last paragraph in this post for more info. Do download the new zip file and extract set permissions to files in both quicktime plugin folder and internet download folder.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Well it hasn't been posted in the installer yet i've downloaded the new download plugin that has the progress bar and the ability to change file name. I decided to post some screen shots and post my modified version which allows users to download addition exe dmg mar and so forth. So do enjoy.
    IMG_9000.jpg

IMG_9001.jpg

IMG_9002.jpg

The attached zip file is a modified version to work with the NetServices app to enable and disable the plugin so you will be able to toggle between having the plugin enabled and/or Disabled.

Do remember to set restrictions.

Credits for this plugin goes out to: hachu from the hackintosh forums. ASH HACHU IS THE CREATOR i'm just publicizing and making it alittle easier with the plugin by just editing plist files.

Enjoy,
    Jon

Install:
    Install in /System/Library/Internet plugins/
    Which just means drag the folder extracted into the directory stated above.

To toggle between download and streaming:
    1. After installing plugin into the directory
    2. Download netservices from the installer
    3. Load up the program and use the toggle switcy next to file share plugin to enable downloading and to enable streaming.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Users Please download the new version i fixed the problem most were having. REMEMBER to set permissions for both the files in the Internet Download Plugin folder and the Quicktime Folder !​

The problem was that i didn't include a quick time folder with the enable and disable.plist files so users were unable to toggle properly. I fixed this and uploaded a fix.
    I didn't

To Play Audio Files Downloaded

If you would love to listen to songs you downloaded by not using apache server then you can use sendfile. Sendfile is a great app and has just recently been updated in the installer to support mp3 playback for songs that have been downloaded from the world wide web to your Downloads folder /private/var/root/Downloads/.

1. Search in the installer for Sendfile.app
    2. Respring of spring board should happen automatically when exit out of installer
    3. Now find the app on your spring board. When you open it you'll be listed with all the files in your /private/var/root/Downloads folder.

If you've downloaded any songs from the world wide web then they would be located there all you have to do now is:
    i. Click on the song
    ii. Click play audio

--> With this said your song should began to play. To raise or lower your volume:
    a. Double click home button
    b. A window should pop up just slide left to decrease volume and right to increase volume. You can click the sleep button at the top of your ipod to turn off the screen and the music will still be playing.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  2. sk8killer

sk8killer New Member

So what file do i put the plugin folder into on my touch?
  3. TheRapture

TheRapture New Member

SWEEEEEET This is great
  4. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    YEah this rocks.
  5. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    this thing is cool and all but a added button to "stream file" instead of just downloading it would be cool. For mp3's and stuff.
  6. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    After you install this in the correct area which is /System/Library/Internet Plugins install netservices and toggle tue file share switch in tue plugin to enable download and enable stream.

Enjoy!
  7. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know that you can enable/disable this with Netservices. That isn't what i meant.
  8. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

nvm got it lol works good...
  9. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Stated at the bottom of the first post /System/Library/Internet Plugins/

@user above i understand you want on the same download screen to enable an icon along with the buttons to choose to stream the file rather than download. So like have another option at the screen that says stream. Good idea ill contact the creator of this idea.
  10. poetofsound

poetofsound New Member

This is amazing! Just what we were looking for!