Pico Projector recommendations?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ooyoo, Apr 7, 2009.

1. ooyoo

ooyoo New Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good pico projector for displaying videos from the iPod Touch? I've been looking for something that I can use for watching movies and TV shows during breaks without going cross-eyed staring at the screen on the Touch, and my friend told me about these new handheld projectors that have been coming out.

I've never really used a projector and don't really know how to make sense of the specs, but I'm looking for something that can be run on battery power, connects directly to iPods, and isn't too expensive (I'm a student).

Any suggestions?
  2. monkeybear

monkeybear New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Check out my other thread:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139199

There's a handful of battery powered units out there, and they're all around $200 - $400 but I'm going to have to say the aaxa P1 pico projector (which I own) is the best bang for da buck. I was on the fence between the aaxa tech and the optoma projector, but after ordering the aaxa p1 I realized I made the right decision. It's like $150 cheaper, has higher resolution, on board 1GB, etc. etc. List goes on...

60-70" images in the dark, works great with the Ipod / Iphone... Just get some headphones because the onboard speaker blows - but everything else is amazing

Attached Files:

3. ooyoo

ooyoo New Member

The AAXA was one of the ones I was considering because of the onboard speaker so I won't have to always be using headphones or external speakers. Did you do any hands on comparisons with other projectors before deciding on the AAXA P1? Also,have you tried AAXA's iPod specific AV cable? I'd like to keep wire clutter to a minimum.