picking up my 32g ipod touch today

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by flee, Oct 23, 2009.

1. flee

flee New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Getting my first ipod today. Have been checking this site and a few others for the last few weeks. What should I do upon getting my Touch.

Do I jailbreak right away?

I have skins from bestskinsever and some cases for the back coming. I have itunes downloaded as well as a bunch of apps and mp3's already.

I was thinking of getting an accidental damage warranty through squaretrade, good idea? I dont typically get warranties but I think this ipod is going to get a lot of use.

I frequent this site, ilounge and a few other Touch blogs.

I may also be upgrading my car stereo from a factory unit to something in the $100-200 range with an aux port. I see kenwoods in the low $100s and a nice alpine with radio controls for $200. I hear too much negative reviews in regards to an FM transmitter to lean that way.

Any other tips for an ipod newb?
  2. Uchiha1911

Uchiha1911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Mhm, your call. Don't know how BlackRa1n has progressed through the weeks really, no idea if the 3G is still tethered or untethered. If anyone could clear this up, please do so

Please Register or Log in to view images

In my point of view, a jailbroken iPod is epic. You can do almost everything with it

I'd jailbreak it if BlackRa1n for 3G is untethered (= not having to jailbreak it at every restart of your iDevice).

As for the accidental warranty.. your call. Bullsh*t in my eyes, if you use your Touch with care and don't drop it every day you're just fine. But on the counter side, that's what an accidental damage warranty is for. I've never dropped my iPod Touch, not sticking it with keys in my pockets just to avoid scratches. Never liked cases, though.
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yea, right now, the 3G jailbreak is tethered.
    Not a big problem though.
  4. aznjim22

aznjim22 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yea when you get it, update to 3.1.2 firmware and Jailbreak it with blackra1n. Search it on youtube.

AFTER U JAILBREAK IT DO NOT TURN IT OFF!@!!!!! just press the sleep button so it saves power.
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well turning it off isnt the worst thing..you just need to run blackra1n to turn it back on..
  6. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i say wait a little to see if theres any problems that come up then jailbreak ( if possible)
  7. aznjim22

aznjim22 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    true but if you turn it off on a trip from lets say usa to australlia then lol

just making a point.
  8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Haha yea, that's true. Even being out for the day and it turns off will suck